The VSP MD, conducting a VSP Well Vision Exam, uses technology [like in the picture] to allow her to detect:
● high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesterol!
● eye disease such as — glaucoma — a serious problem!
Note: More than 50% didn't know they had glaucoma because symptoms are so subtle!
● if there are cataracts or macular degeneration — a leading cause of vision loss and blindness.
● if there are symptoms of digital eye strain.
BTW: More than two-thirds of Americans have these conditions.
Bottom line — insights from an optometrist or ophthalmologist on whether there are serious health issues before you notice any symptoms is a — big value! !
Two other points:
- > A chief medical officer recently indicated — "the most important health care event you can do is a regular eye examination".
- > Not getting a check up because "your eyes are fine" means you may face high medical treatment expenses!
Your vision is so so important — Buy a VSP Individual Vision plan
The VSP Vision Base Plan — $17.10 a month for one person — provides:
● An annual exam for a $15 co-pay
● Frames for a $25 co-pay, then a $150 allowance every 12 months!
Plus 20% savings on the additional cost if you select a "fancier" frame.
● Lenses for $25 co-pay
[every 12 months]
Contact lenses have a $150 allowance.
● Access to - TruHearing with up to 60% saving on digital hearing aids.
● Works to keep out-of-pocket costs low. For example, their allowance for frames is the best among Individual vision insurance plans..
● Includes in-network independent eye doctors - lots of them.
● Is the only national not-for-profit vision company.
● Has 87% of the individuals who sign up continuing.
This link takes you to a VSP page with:
● Coverage highlights of CT's Base & EasyOptions & Standard plans.
● Charts with a quick example of savings when you own.
● Easy access to more plan details on the link below each column.
To see plan details and the cost (monthly & annual) so you can decide which is right for you — select:
● The Get Rates button above the column.
● CT under Home State.
● The coverage button for one plan
● The link at the bottom to see a pdf of details for that plan
● The Continue button in the middle and right side of the page
● The blue enroll button at the top to sign up on line
How to use? Just tell the VSP MD you have VSP's Individual Vision Insurance. There is no ID card - they take care of the details.