Technology [like in the picture] is used during a VSP Well Vision Exam. It allows the MD to detect:
● High blood pressure (affects 50% of adults). Healthy vessels are red and don't have twists and turns. Problem vessels have s silver colorl
● Diabetes and high cholesterol!
● Eye disease such as — glaucoma — a serious problem!
Note: More than 50% didn't know they had glaucoma because symptoms are so subtle!
● If there are cataracts or macular degeneration — a leading cause of vision loss and blindness.
● If there are symptoms of digital eye strain.
BTW: More than two-thirds of Americans have this.
Bottom line — receiving insights from an Optometrist or Ophthalmologist on any serious health issues before you notice any symptoms is a — big value! !
- > Not getting a check up because "your eyes are fine" means you may face high medical treatment expenses!
Your vision is so so important — Thus, buying a VSP Individual Vision plan is highly recommended!
was recently made by a chief medical officer!
Additional information from MedlinePlus with a list of - Eye Care Tips on the importance of eye care!
● An annual exam for a $15 co-pay
● Frames for a $25 co-pay, then a $150 allowance every 12 months!
Plus 20% savings on the additional cost if you select a "fancier" frame.
● Lenses for $25 co-pay
[every 12 months]
Contact lenses have a $150 allowance.
● Access to — TruHearing with up to 60% saving on digital hearing aids.
The monthly cost is $17.10 for one person and paid for 12 months.
● Works to keep your out-of-pocket costs low. For example, their frame allowance is the best among Individual vision insurance plans..
● Includes independent eye doctors in-network - lots of them.
● Is the only national vision company, which is not-for-profit.
● Has 87% of the individuals who sign up continuing.
Take a look at the — Welcome to VSP — page to see a couple charts:
● First —quick example of the savings gained owning a Vision plan.
● Next — columns highlighting CT's Base & EasyOptions & Standard plans.
● At the bottom of each column is a pdf link to view plan details.
Interested? Click on the - blue Start Enrollment button — a page comes up where you Select:
● The next page shows the cost of VSP's plans in CT and a button to select coverage.
Note: When you select the pay-by-month option::
● You agree to a One year contract to make 12 equal monthly payments.
● Info about the small monthly amount added for the Healthy Vision Association (HVA), which gives you access to everyday goods and services to save hundreds of dollars annually.
● Click on the Select button for the plan and level of coverage you want
● Click on the Next button at the bottom to see a page to select the date you want your plan to start.
● Then click the Next button to bring up the page to enter your information.
Using a VSP plan is easy! Just tell the VSP MD's office you have VSP's Individual Vision Insurance. There is no ID card - they take care of the details.