special technology [like in the picture] The MD can look inside your eye to detect:
● conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesterol!
The MD can also detect:
● eye disease such as — glaucoma.
Note: More than 50% didn't know they have it because symptoms are so subtle - it's a serious problem!]
● if individuals:
-> over 65 have cataracts or macular degeneration, which is a leading cause of vision loss and blindness.
-> have symptoms of digital eye strain.
Note: More than two-thirds of Americans have this so an exam is very important!
Bottom line — owning VSP insurance and receiving insights from a optometrist or ophthalmologist — about serious health issues before you have symptoms is a — big value! !
VSP's Base Plan — $17.10 a month for one person — provides:
● An annual exam for a $15 co-pay
● Frames for a $25 co-pay, then a $150 allowance every 12 months!
Plus 20% savings on the additional cost if you select a "fancier" frame.
● Lenses for $25 co-pay
[every 12 months]
Contact lenses have a $150 allowance.
● Access to - TruHearing with up to 60% saving on digital hearing aids.
● Works to keep out-of-pocket costs low. For example, their allowance for frames is the best among Individual vision insurance plans..
● Includes in-network independent eye doctors - lots of them.
● Is the only national not-for-profit vision company.
● Has 87% of the individuals who sign up continuing.
This link takes you to a VSP page with:
● Coverage highlights of CT's Base & EasyOptions & Standard plans.
● Charts to show an example of savings when you own.
● More details on the plan on the link below each column.
To see plan details and the cost (monthly & annual) so you can decide which is right for you — select:
● The Get Rates button above the column.
● CT under Home State.
● The coverage button for one plan
● The link at the bottom to see a pdf of details for that plan
● The Continue button in the middle and right side of the page
● The blue enroll button at the top to sign up on line
How to use? Just tell the VSP MD you have VSP's Individual Vision Insurance. There is no ID card - they take care of the details.