● Bacteria builds up in the cavity and can:
-> create an abscess.
-> spread as Infection to the jaw.
-> get into the bloodstream through bleeding gums.
Note: In a worst case — increase the risk of infecting a heart valve!.
-> build up as inflammation.
Note: In a 20 year study this has been linked to Alzheimer's disease.
● Two out of three people have periodontal disease — leads to the loss of a tooth!
● Up to 75% of people have Gingivitis, an early stage of gum disease!
● 20% of those over 65 have decay!
Harvard Dental School's Dean has stated — inflammation in the gums and mouth can lead to diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and other chronic conditions.
pay 100% to fix what could be a Big Cost dental problem.
Owning an Individual Dental insurance is like you put a life ring around your income & savings! Doing this means you can see a Dentist and receive:
● Full coverage on exams and cleanings.
[An exam twice a year is the key to early detection and stopping oral problems.]
● 80% coverage for services such as a filling.
● 50% coverage (some plans) for major services e.g. for a crown.
Bottom line — There are over 100 medical situations a Dentist can detect during an exam! Thus, taking time to get regular check ups and cleanings means you can achieve Oral Health!
● Three plans are traditional — the Basic - Enhanced - and Premium They each have:
— a waiting period for certain services
— an annual benefit amount of $1,000 or $2,000.
● The fourth Delta Dental plan — the Progressive is a special type - it has:
— no waiting for major services. If a crown is needed you can receive:
- > 30% coverage the first year,
- > 40% the second year.
- > 50% at the start of the third year.
— $1,500 in benefits the first year, then $1,750, and to $2,000 after two years on the plan.
[Progressive costs about $56 a month for one person.]
Owning Delta Dental individual dental insurance means you can see any Dentist ! This is a big advantage1
However, benefits are better and go further when one of the many network Dentists is used!
Note: Plans are available to anyone of any age — so so important to buy and monitor our overall health. This is even more so as we get older!
Questions on Delta's Individual dental insurance? Call or Text my Google Voice today - (860) 451-9793
● First - Select this Delta Dental page - you will see a summary of the four plans!
● To the right of each plan summary there is a Get a Quote link. Select one to bring up the - Who is to be covered page.
● On the who page:
- > enter your zip code and date of birth.
- > select the date you want to start coverage and who is to be covered.
- > then select the Get My Quote button
● This brings up a page showing the monthly cost for each Delta plan and some coverage info . On this page you can also:
● Select the link at the bottom of the summary you are interested in for a detailed list of coverage!
● Create a comparison by checking the box at the top of two columns - then the Compare button. When it displays you can print.
Not sure about signing up online? Call my Google Voice and I would be pleased, if available, to help you through the steps. - (860) 451-9793.
● Use special technology to look inside your eyes to detect eye disease such as — glaucoma.
Note: More than 50% don't know they have glaucoma because symptoms are so subtle. It's a serious problem!!
● Look for indications of diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and even cancer!
● Be able to also detect if:
-> there are cataracts or macular degeneration, especially for Individuals over 65, which are a leading cause of vision loss and blindness.
-> there are symptoms of digital eye strain, which more than two thirds of Americans have.
Bottom line — receiving insights from a optometrist or ophthalmologist into your overall health — is the big value of VSP individual vision insurance and is very important!
The Base Plan costs $17.10 a month for one person, and — provides:
● Annual exams for a $15 co-pay
● Frames for a $25 co-pay, then a $150 allowance. [every 12 months]
Plus 20% savings on the additional cost if you select a "fancier" frame.
● Lenses for a $25 co-pay.
[every 12 months]
Contact lenses have a $150 allowance.
● Access to — TruHearing with up to 60% savings on digital hearing aids.
● Works to keep out-of-pocket costs low. For example, their allowance for frames is the best among Individual plans.
● Includes independent eye doctors in-network - lots of them.
● Is the only national not-for-profit individual vision insurance company.
● Has 87% of the individuals who sign up continuing.
This link takes you to a page with coverage details. It:
● Highlights the three VSP's individual vision insurance plans in CT — Base & EasyOptions & Standard.
● Show an example of savings when you own.
● Provides a more details link at the bottom of the column for each plan.
To see monthly and annual cost and plan details select:
● The Get Rates button above the columns.
● CT under Home State
● The coverage button for one plan
● The link at the bottom to see a pdf of plan details for that plan
● The Continue button in the middle and right side of the page
● The blue enroll button at the top for a place to sign up on line.
VSP individual vision insurance has no ID card - just tell the provider you have VSP - they take care of the details.
Not sure about signing up online for a VIP plan yourself? Call my Google Voice and I can help, if available, with the sign up steps - (860) 451-9793.